Praise be to Allaah, who made Prayer compulsory on his slaves and ordered them to establish it and perform it well; who linked success and felicity to humility in Prayer; who made it the criterion to distinguish between Eeman and Kufr; and who made it a restrainer from shameful and unjust deeds. Prayers and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, who was addressed in the Words of the Exalted: “And We have sent down to you the Message, that you may explain clearly to the people what is sent for them” (Soorah an-Nahl, 16:44), and who fully carried out this task.
From – The Prophet’s (PBUH) Prayer Described
“from beginning to end as though you see it”
By Sheikh Muhammed Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani
So, this is a collection of Ayahs from the Qur’an about the prayer (Salah). I may have missed some, please let me know if I have. And remember me in your prayers. And share it with as many people as possible.
First I have given the name of the Surah and then there are Ayahs as numbered in
“THE HOLY QURAN (KORAN) – English Translation of the Meanings by Abdullah Yusuf Ali
SURA 2. Baqara, or the Heifer
2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;
3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
4. And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and [in their hearts] have the assurance of the Hereafter.
5. They are on [true] guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.
43. And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down [in worship].
45. Nay, seek [Allah’s] help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit,-
46. Who bear in mind the certainty that they are to meet their Lord, and that they are to return to Him.
83. And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel [to this effect]: Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide [even now].
110. And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah: for Allah sees Well all that ye do.
153. O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.
177. It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain [or suffering] and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.
238. Guard strictly your [habit of] prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before Allah in a devout [frame of mind].
277. Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
SURA 3. Al-i-Imran, or The Family of Imran
43. “O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down [in prayer] with those who bow down.”
SURA 4. Nisaa, or The Woman
43. O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity [Except when travelling on the road], until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again.
77. Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands [from fight] but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When [at length] the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as – or even more than – they should have feared Allah: They said: “Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our [natural] term, near [enough]?” Say: “Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!
101. When ye travel through the earth, there is no blame on you if ye shorten your prayers, for fear the Unbelievers May attack you: For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies.
102. When thou [O Messenger] art with them, and standest to lead them in prayer, Let one party of them stand up [in prayer] with thee, Taking their arms with them: When they finish their prostrations, let them Take their position in the rear. And let the other party come up which hath not yet prayed – and let them pray with thee, Taking all precaution, and bearing arms: the Unbelievers wish, if ye were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to assault you in a single rush. But there is no blame on you if ye put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because ye are ill; but take [every] precaution for yourselves. For the Unbelievers Allah hath prepared a humiliating punishment.
103. When ye pass [Congregational] prayers, celebrate Allah’s praises, standing, sitting down, or lying down on your sides; but when ye are free from danger, set up Regular Prayers: For such prayers are enjoined on believers at stated times.
142. The Hypocrites – they think they are over-reaching Allah, but He will over- reach them: When they stand up to prayer, they stand without earnestness, to be seen of men, but little do they hold Allah in remembrance;
143. [They are] distracted in mind even in the midst of it,- being [sincerely] for neither one group nor for another whom Allah leaves straying,- never wilt thou find for him the way.
162. But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And [especially] those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day: To them shall We soon give a great reward.
SURA 5. Maida, or the Table Spread
7. O ye who believe! When ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete His favor to you, that ye may be grateful.
13. Allah did aforetime take a Covenant from the Children of Israel, and We appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: “I am with you: If ye (but) establish regular Prayers, practice regular Charity, believe in My apostles, honor and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path of rectitude.”
58. Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Apostle, and the (Fellowship of) Believers, —those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).
59. As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Apostle, and the (Fellowship of) Believers, –it is the Fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph.
94. Satan’s plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: Will ye not then abstain?
SURA 6. Anam, or Cattle
71. Say: “Shall we indeed call on others besides Allah,- things that can do us neither good nor harm,- and turn on our heels after receiving guidance from Allah? – like one whom the evil ones have made into a fool, wandering bewildered through the earth, his friends calling, come to us’, [vainly] guiding him to the path.” Say: “Allah’s guidance is the [only] guidance, and we have been directed to submit ourselves to the Lord of the worlds;-
72. “To establish regular prayers and to fear Allah: for it is to Him that we shall be gathered together.”
73. It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true [proportions]: the day He saith, “Be,” behold! it is. His word is the truth. His will be the dominion the day the trumpet will be blown. He knoweth the unseen as well as that which is open. For He is the Wise, well acquainted [with all things].
92. And this is a Book which We have sent down, bringing blessings, and confirming [the revelations] which came before it: that thou mayest warn the mother of cities and all around her. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in this [Book], and they are constant in guarding their prayers.
SURA 7. Araf, or The Heights
29. Say: “My Lord hath commanded justice; and that ye set your whole selves [to Him] at every time and place of prayer, and call upon Him, making your devotion sincere as in His sight: such as He created you in the beginning, so shall ye return.”
30. Some He hath guided: Others have [by their choice] deserved the loss of their way; in that they took the evil ones, in preference to Allah, for their friends and protectors, and think that they receive guidance.
31. O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters.
170. As to those who hold fast by the Book and establish regular prayer,- never shall We suffer the reward of the righteous to perish.
SURA 8. Anfal, or the Spoils of War
2. For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put [all] their trust in their Lord;
3. Who establish regular prayers and spend [freely] out of the gifts We have given them for sustenance:
4. Such in truth are the believers: they have grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness, and generous sustenance:
SURA 9. Tauba (Repentance) or Baraat (Immunity)
18. The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none [at all] except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.
54. The only reasons why their contributions are not accepted are: that they reject Allah and His Messenger; that they come to prayer without earnestness; and that they offer contributions unwillingly.
71. The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
112. Those that turn [to Allah] in repentance; that serve Him, and praise Him; that wander in devotion to the cause of Allah,: that bow down and prostrate themselves in prayer; that enjoin good and forbid evil; and observe the limit set by Allah;- [These do rejoice]. So proclaim the glad tidings to the Believers.
SURA 10. Yunus, or Jonah
87. We inspired Moses and his brother with this Message: “Provide dwellings for your people in Egypt, make your dwellings into places of worship, and establish regular prayers: and give glad tidings to those who believe!”
SURA 11. Hud, or The Prophet Hud
114. And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of remembrance to those who remember [their Lord]:
115. And be steadfast in patience; for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish.
SURA 13. Rad, or Thunder
14. For Him [alone] is prayer in Truth: any others that they call upon besides Him hear them no more than if they were to stretch forth their hands for water to reach their mouths but it reaches them not: for the prayer of those without Faith is nothing but [futile] wandering [in the mind].
15. Whatever beings there are in the heavens and the earth do prostrate themselves to Allah [Acknowledging subjection],- with good-will or in spite of themselves: so do their shadows in the morning and evenings.
22. Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance of their Lord; Establish regular prayers; spend, out of [the gifts] We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off Evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the [eternal] home,-
23. Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate [with the salutation]:
24. “Peace unto you for that ye persevered in patience! Now how excellent is the final home!”
SURA 14. Ibrahim, or Abraham
31. Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend [in charity] out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.
SURA 17. Bani Israil, or the Children of Israel
78. Establish regular prayers – at the sun’s decline till the darkness of the night, and the morning prayer and reading: for the prayer and reading in the morning carry their testimony.
79. And pray in the small watches of the morning: [it would be] an additional prayer [or spiritual profit] for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory!
110. Say: “Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name ye call upon Him, [it is well]: for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between.”
SURA 19. Maryam, or Mary
59. But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts soon, then, will they face Destruction,-
60. Except those who repent and believe, and work righteousness: for these will enter the Garden and will not be wronged in the least,-
61. Gardens of Eternity, those which [Allah] Most Gracious has promised to His servants in the Unseen: for His promise must [necessarily] come to pass.
SURA 20. Ta Ha
14. “Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me [only], and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.
132. Enjoin prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not to provide sustenance: We provide it for thee. But the [fruit of] the Hereafter is for righteousness.
SURA 21. Anbiyaa, or The Prophets
73. And We made them leaders, guiding [men] by Our Command, and We sent them inspiration to do good deeds, to establish regular prayers, and to practise regular charity; and they constantly served Us [and Us only].
34. To every people did We appoint rites [of sacrifice], that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals [fit for food]. But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him [in Islam]: and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-
35. To those whose hearts when Allah is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend [in charity] out of what We have bestowed upon them.
38. Verily Allah will defend [from ill] those who believe: verily, Allah loveth not any that is a traitor to faith, or show ingratitude.
41. [They are] those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end [and decision] of [all] affairs.
SURA 22. Hajj, or The Pilgrimage
78. And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, [with sincerity and under discipline]. He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this [Revelation]; that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector – the Best to protect and the Best to help!
SURA 23. Muminun, or The Believers
1. The believers must [eventually] win through,-
2. Those who humble themselves in their prayers;
3. Who avoid vain talk;
4. Who are active in deeds of charity;
5. Who abstain from sex,
6. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or [the captives] whom their right hands possess,- for [in their case] they are free from blame,
7. But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors;-
8. Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants;
9. And who [strictly] guard their prayers;-
10. These will be the heirs,
11. Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein [for ever].
SURA 24. Nur, or Light
37. By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance of Allah, nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular Charity: Their [only] fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed [in a world wholly new],-
38. That Allah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace: for Allah doth provide for those whom He will, without measure.
56. So establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and obey the Messenger; that ye may receive mercy.
SURA 27. Naml, or the Ants
1. These are verses of the Qur’an,-a book that makes [things] clear;
2. A guide: and glad tidings for the believers,-
3. Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have [full] assurance of the hereafter.
SURA 29. Ankabut, or the Spider
45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest [thing in life] without doubt. And Allah knows the [deeds] that ye do.
SURA 30. Rum, or The Roman Empire
31. Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,-
32. Those who split up their Religion, and become [mere] Sects,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!
SURA 31. Luqman (the Wise)
1. Alif, Lam, Mim.
2. These are Verses of the Wise Book,-
3. A Guide and a Mercy to the Doers of Good,-
4. Those who establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity, and have [in their hearts] the assurance of the Hereafter.
5. These are on [true] guidance from their Lord: and these are the ones who will prosper.
16. “O my son!” [said Luqman], “If there be [but] the weight of a mustard-seed and it were [hidden] in a rock, or [anywhere] in the heavens or on earth, Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finest mysteries, [and] is well- acquainted [with them].
17. “O my son! establish regular prayer, enjoin what is just, and forbid what is wrong: and bear with patient constancy whatever betide thee; for this is firmness [of purpose] in [the conduct of] affairs.
SURA 33. Ahzab, or The Confederates
32. O Consorts of the Prophet! Ye are not like any of the [other] women: if ye do fear [Allah], be not too complacent of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech [that is] just.
33. And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.
SURA 35. Fatir, or The Originator of Creation; or Malaika, or The Angels
16. If He so pleased, He could blot you out and bring in a New Creation.
17. Nor is that [at all] difficult for Allah.
18. Nor can a bearer of burdens bear another’s burdens if one heavily laden should call another to [bear] his load. Not the least portion of it can be carried [by the other]. Even though he be nearly related. Thou canst but admonish such as fear their Lord unseen and establish regular Prayer. And whoever purifies himself does so for the benefit of his own soul; and the destination [of all] is to Allah.
29. Those who rehearse the Book of Allah, establish regular Prayer, and spend [in Charity] out of what We have provided for them, secretly and openly, hope for a commerce that will never fail:
30. For He will pay them their meed, nay, He will give them [even] more out of His Bounty: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate [service].
36. Whatever ye are given [here] is [but] a convenience of this life: but that which is with Allah is better and more lasting: [it is] for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord:
37. Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds, and, when they are angry even then forgive;
38. Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who [conduct] their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance;
39. And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, [are not cowed but] help and defend themselves.
SURA 58. Mujadila, or The Woman who Pleads
12. O ye who believe! When ye consult the Messenger in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be best for you, and most conducive to purity [of conduct]. But if ye find not [the wherewithal], Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
13. Is it that ye are afraid of spending sums in charity before your private consultation [with him]? If, then, ye do not so, and Allah forgives you, then [at least] establish regular prayer; practise regular charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.
SURA 62. Jumua, or the Assembly (Friday) Prayer
9. O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday [the Day of Assembly], hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business [and traffic]: That is best for you if ye but knew!
10. And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often [and without stint]: that ye may prosper.
SURA 70. Maarij, or the Ways of Ascent
19. Truly man was created very impatient;-
20. Fretful when evil touches him;
21. And niggardly when good reaches him;-
22. Not so those devoted to Prayer;-
23. Those who remain steadfast to their prayer;
24. And those in whose wealth is a recognised right.
25. For the [needy] who asks and him who is prevented [for some reason from asking];
26. And those who hold to the truth of the Day of Judgment;
27. And those who fear the displeasure of their Lord,-
28. For their Lord’s displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquillity;-
29. And those who guard their chastity,
30. Except with their wives and the [captives] whom their right hands possess,-
for [then] they are not to be blamed,
31. But those who trespass beyond this are transgressors;-
32. And those who respect their trusts and covenants;
33. And those who stand firm in their testimonies;
34. And those who guard [the sacredness] of their worship;-
35. Such will be the honoured ones in the Gardens [of Bliss].
SURA 73. Muzzammil, or Folded in Garments
1. O thou folded in garments!
2. Stand [to prayer] by night, but not all night,-
3. Half of it,- or a little less,
4. Or a little more; and recite the Qur’an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
5. Soon shall We send down to thee a weighty Message.
6. Truly the rising by night is most potent for governing [the soul], and most suitable for [framing] the Word [of Prayer and Praise].
20. Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth [to prayer] nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you [in mercy]: read ye, therefore, of the Qur’an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be [some] among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah’s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah’s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur’an as may be easy [for you]; and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah’s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
SURA 87. Ala, or The Most High
14. But those will prosper who purify themselves,
15. And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and [lift their hearts] in prayer.
SURA 98. Baiyina, or The Clear Evidence
4. Nor did the People of the Book make schisms, until after there came to them Clear Evidence.
5. And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true [in faith]; to establish regular prayer; and to practise regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight.
SURA 107. Maun, or Neighborly Needs
1. Seest thou one who denies the Judgment [to come]?
2. Then such is the [man] who repulses the orphan [with harshness],
3. And encourages not the feeding of the indigent.
4. So woe to the worshippers
5. Who are neglectful of their prayers,
6. Those who [want but] to be seen [of men],
7. But refuse [to supply] [even] neighbourly needs.
SURA 108. Kauthar, or Abundance
1. To thee have We granted the Fount [of Abundance].
2. Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice.
3. For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off [from Future Hope].
May Allah Guide Us…. Ameen